You can find many pictures of Pennsic on the web by searching for "Pennsic"
and "photos" or "photographs".
Below are a small selection of such pictures. These links will take you away from the
official Pennsic website; the Pennsic staff has no control over their content and any
comments or corrections should be directed to the maintainer of those pages.
- "Medieval Warriors in a Campground in Pennsylvania" - Voice of America
- "Faces & Places - the Pennsic War" -
A local cable documentary of Pennsic 41: Every year about this time, we see people in medieval costumes throughout Butler County - they're in shopping centers, they're in stores -
and many people wonder "who are these people, and where are they from?"
"Only a Game"
- WBUR's (Boston NPR station) story on Pennsic War 32
"In Its Own Light - A Night-Owl's View of Pennsic War 33"
- A small, but lovely collection of photographs taken by Rowan at War after dark.
Pennsic 32 fireworks
- Excellent photos by Phillip the Pilgrim (mka Phil Reed)
Arts & Sciences Exhibits:
- Pennsic 38 scenery
- Front gates of camps, the Merchant areas, nighttime photos, taken by Alaxandr MacLochloinn
Scenery from Pennsics 33-36 (2004 - 2007)
- pictures taken by Eirik Andersen
Opening Ceremonies (Pennsic 34)
pictures taken by Milica of Varna
- "Pennsic Dreaming"
- assorted sights from all around the War, taken by Darter the Chronicler
- Combat photos:
- Pennsic War Galleries
- battlefield and tourney pictures, taken by Darter the Chronicler
- Pennsic 38 Battles
- Fencing, Belted & Unbelted Champions, Helms Deep; Known World Squires' Tourney
- photos by Alaxandr MacLochloinn
- Pennsic 37 Battles
- Gates of Rome, Town, Mountain Pass, Bridge,
Belted & Unbelted Champions; Known World Squires' Tourney
- photos and videos by Alaxandr MacLochloinn
Pennsic 33-36 Battles
Pictures taken by Eirik Anderson
Pennsic 34 Battles
- Bridge, Causeway, Field, Mountain Pass
- pictures taken by Milica of Varnica
Battle of the Thirty
- This tournament,
a recreation of the famous Battle of the Thirty from the Hundred Years War, is held each
year at Pennsic. All combatants must wear 14th-century style armor, and wield spears or pollaxes.
Fighters hit in vulnerable spots or knocked to the ground are "killed", and fighters
sustaining three head blows are "stunned" and escorted from the field to be ransomed.
- photos from Pennsic 36 (2007)
- Photos by Eirik Anderson
- photos from Pennsic 34 (2005)
Photos by Eirik Anderson
- Photos by Darter the Chronicler
Photos by James Barker
Pennsic War is an annual event between
the East and Middle Kingdoms of the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc
and takes place within
the Kingdom of Æthelmearc
at Coopers' Lake Campground
Webhosting services are generously donated by Panix.com
(Public Access Networks Corporation).
The Pennsic War event staff thank Panix for their continued support of the SCA and the Pennsic War.
This is the recognized web site for the Pennsic War of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
Pennsicwar.org was designed by and is maintained by Mistress Jessa d'Avondale (Marla Lecin).
This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on
this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using
photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister, who will assist you
in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors.
Copyright ©2013 Pennsic War. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
The photo on this page is used by permission of Thorolfr inn smithr.
Most of the illuminations used on this site are from the Manesse Codex.